Is my property in a floodplain?
Contact the Reno County Planning Department. Reno County will not disclose floodplain information over the phone for legal reasons. The Planning Department will provide a map showing the current floodplain designation on the property. A citizen may schedule an appointment to view the floodplain map or visit the FEMA website to view the actual floodplain map. The Planning Department will only disclose the floodplain of a property when in conjunction with issuing a zoning permit. Be prepared to provide the address of the property and/or the ¼ section, section, township, and range of the location if you are requesting a copy of the floodplain map.

Show All Answers

1. How can I watch the Planning Commission meetings online?
2. What is the zoning on my property?
3. What is the process to obtain a zoning permit?
4. If my property is currently un-zoned, do I still need to contact the planning department if I want to build a structure?
5. Does Reno County enforce building codes?
6. What size structure does not require a zoning permit?
7. Who do I contact if I have questions regarding a septic system or well?
8. Who do I contact to obtain an address to my property?
9. Who do I contact for a new entrance to my property?
10. How do I apply for a job with Reno County?
11. How do I find out if a survey of my property has been completed?
12. Will the county surveyor, survey my property or stake the right-of-way along my property line?
13. Who should I contact to survey my property?
14. If I am interested in serving on the planning commission who should I contact?
15. Is my property in a floodplain?
16. When do I need a floodplain development permit?