- What is the Permit Process for Drilling a New Water Well?
- Below is a handout that explains the permit process for drilling a new well. A properly placed well is vital to your health and your family’s health.
Private Water Supply Application. Your completed application may be submitted by:
- Fax to the Environmental Section: 620-665-8883
- Hand delivery or mail to the environmental staff
- Scanned and emailed to the Reno County Environmental Health Department
Which Regulations Apply to Water Well Drillers?
- The following regulations are followed by the water well driller:
How Do I Keep My Well Water Safe for Drinking?
- We recommend yearly testing and disinfection of your water well. The following are educational handouts to disinfect your well and to educate yourself on the water quality and water testing:
- How Do I Plug My Abandoned Well?
- An abandoned well can serve as a route for contamination to the ground water. Properly plugging of abandoned wells is critical for ground water protection. The following information from KSU extension explains how to properly plug a well and the KDHE form that needs to be completed: