2023 Reno County Commission
Commissioners John Whitesel, left, Ron Hirst, Chairman Daniel Friesen, Vice-Chairman Randy Parks and Don Bogner.
Reno County Commission Meetings
Commission meetings are held each month on the 2nd, 4th and 5th Wednesdays at 9 a.m. in the Veterans Room at the Reno County Courthouse, 206 W. 1st Ave., Hutchinson, Ks. Meetings are live-streamed on the county's YouTube channel at www.youtube/@RenoCounty/streams
Agendas, Minutes, & Meetings
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
For Hutchinson subscribers of Cox Cable TV, our meetings are broadcasted on Cable Channel 7 on Sundays at 5 p.m., Thursdays at 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. and on Fridays at 9 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Powers Performed by the Commission
- Apportion and levy taxes as provided by law
- Contract for protection of public health and welfare
- Establish election precincts in township
- Establish resolutions for property use
- Examine and settle county receipts/expenses
- Lay out, alter, or discontinue roads as provided by law
- May acquire, own, and operate an airport
- Organize a new township
- Perform other duties as prescribed by law
- Purchase an existing building, remodel, and equip for county use
- Purchase sites for county buildings