Marriage License Information
To request a copy of your marriage license:
Kansas Department of Health and Environment
Curtis State Office Building
1000 SW Jackson
Topeka KS 66612
To apply for marriage:
The following are instructions, as receiving a marriage license is a two-step process. ---Making application and then receiving the marriage license.
Please, have available the following information for the application:
- Full Legal Names
- Date of birth
- Social security numbers of the bride and groom
Come to the 4th floor of the Courthouse, Division 4 at 206 West 1st Ave. Hutchinson Kansas.
- You must first make application
- Wait 3 days before returning to our office for the marriage license
- Upon returning pay $85.50 (cash only) for the license
- Additional information will be needed before you may receive a marriage license. This will be explained to you when you make your application.
- Be prepared to wait for staff to type your marriage license
- This license is good for 6 months.
- Hours available for marriage applications and licenses are 8:00-11:30am and 1:00-3:30pm Monday through Friday excluding court holidays.
- If you have any questions or questions regarding a holiday please call the court at 620-694-2973.