We are excited to offer group education classes for all moms and moms-to-be in Reno County. Our "Becoming a Mom" sessions include:
- The chance to interact with other pregnant women
- Opportunity to share your experiences and concerns
- Healthy pregnancy tips
- Insight into the labor and delivery experience
- Information about breastfeeding
- Information about infant care and infant calming techniques
- Learn More
Information from the CDC:
Zika virus is spread to people through mosquito bites. The most common symptoms of Zika virus disease are fever, rash, joint pain, and conjunctivitis (red eyes). The illness is usually mild with symptoms lasting from several days to a week. Severe disease requiring hospitalization is uncommon.
In May 2015, the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) issued an alert regarding the first confirmed Zika virus infection in Brazil. The outbreak in Brazil led to reports of Guillain-Barré syndrome and pregnant women giving birth to babies with birth defects and poor pregnancy outcomes.
Did you know??? Good foot care and regular foot checks are an important part of your health care. If foot care is difficult for you or a loved one to manage, the Health Department can help! We now offer Foot Care Clinics every Tuesday morning. Services are provided by a Registered Nurse or Home Health Aide and the cost is only $15.00. Call 694-2900 to schedule an appointment.
Childcare Orientation Class
Interested in being a childcare provider? Come to the childcare orientation class at the Reno County Health Department, February 3rd, 2016, from 3pm to 5pm. Reserve your spot by calling Kris at 620-694-2900. The cost is $20 for the class. This class is offered for adults only please.
- On-site waste water maintenance classes are available. These classes are offered for licensed contractors only. To reserve your spot or for more information please call 620-694-2900.
- RCHD Registration Form
- Reno County Health Department Brochure
- Bed Bugs
- Head Lice Question and Answers
- Back Injury Prevention
- Influenza Information
- Regional Affiliations
- Tornadoes: Being Prepared
- FDA Recalls
- Product Recalls